#708 HOn3 Scale Thru-the-Ties Delayed-Action Electric Uncoupler Kit
#708 Thru-The-Ties Delayed Electric Uncoupler Kit - HOn3 Scale
#708 Thru-The-Ties Delayed - Action Electric Uncoupler Kit
Kadee® #165 Red - Normally Open momentary contact push button switches are recommend.
This package contained one HOn3 Scale Magne-Electric electromagnetic, delayed action uncoupler kit, ready to assemble and install through a hole in the track. It can be installed on any straight layout track, but especially on mainlines, were false uncoupling my occur.
Fits codes 70, 60, 55 track & other sizes down as small as code 40.
We recommend a 8-12 volt DC power source
(at least 3 Amps).
WARNING: Do not use the uncoupler continually. DO NOT activate the uncoupler for longer than 2 MINUTES at one time.
This will avoid possible overheating which will damage the uncoupler.
Also adaptable to TT-Scale
(Track Not Included)
One per package
Made in the U.S.A.
- (1) Each Coil
- (1) Each Steel core
- (2) Each Field plates
- (1) Each Field plate divider
- (1) Each Upper track mounting plate
- (1) Each Lower track mounting plate
- (1) Each 10-32 x 3/4" Bolt
- (1) Each 10-32 Nut
- (2) Each 209 fiber washers
- (2) Each 2 x 3/8" flat head self-tapping screws
- 3 Amp Push button momentary switch
- SPST - Normally Open (Kadee #165)
- Light bulb - 14-20 Volts, .2 Amp
- #20 AWG Wire- insulated, strand in two color codes
- Rosin Core Solder - 1/16" size
- Track Section, 3 1/2" long
- Roadbed Section, 2 1/8" long
- Metal Rail Joiners
- Fiber Washers - various thickness
- Power or Crank Drill - with 1/4" bit
- 1/4" Drill
- #20 Drill
- Hand Sander - w/coarse & fine paper
- Reg. Screwdriver - with 1/8" head
- Modeler's Knife
- Razor Saw
- Flat Chisel, 1/2"
- Medium Tooth File - 1/2" wide
- Household Pliers
- Soldering Iron
- Contact Cement
- Cyano Acrylate
- White Glue
- Fine Tooth File - 1/2" wide
Distributor must purchase in bundles of 3
Coil Test: Strip off clear insolation on ends of coil wires with a multi meter on the 200 OHM settings check resistance. A good coil will have a resistance of about 8.8 OHM.
If it is much less your coil is shorted and will not generate enough magnetic field to uncouple. (Leaving the uncoupler active for to long cause coil to over heat melting the insolation and shorting out the coil.)
Magnetic Field Test: Before installed in track. With momentary switch activated take a piece of steel and it should sticks across both field plates.
WARNING: CHOKING HAZARD - Small Parts - Not for children under 14 years.
Kadee Quality Products Co. products are not toys and are not intended for children under 14 years old.